Wichard Boom brake - Gyb'easy
Wichard part # 7150
If all you do is race your sailboat and you always have an experienced helmsman paying attention then a product like the Wichard Gyb'easy Boom brake is not so important. For the rest of us however, it’s a cheap insurance policy. Yes you can just rig a preventer but that gets old after a while as you have to reset it each time you jibe. Just think how much better it would be to have the Boom brake always set up and ready to go and all you have to do is tension this line from the cockpit! This is an exciting new product that has received great reviews and innovative product awards in sailing magazines in recent months. I highly recommend this product.
Gybe safely with Gyb'Easy, the new Wichard boom brake
- Why a boom brake? Gybing remains one of the most challenging operations on a sailing boat even for experienced sailors and can possibly generate injuries and material damage. Gyb'Easy is an efficient and safe solution to reduce such risks.
- Concept: Thanks to the frictions of the specific line called Gyb'Flex passing over the boom brake, the boom is allowed to gybe smoothly and without jerks. The more the line passes over the openings, the more the friction is increased and hence the brake efficiency.
- Settings of the Gyb'Easy: The adjustment is made thanks to the tension of the line. 3 different positions exist for a better adaptation of the mainsail and wind conditions.
- Easy installation: It takes a few minutes to install it on a eye strap of the boom. Two different fittings can be implemented to fit with all the deck configurations.
- Can be used on mainsail areas below 40 sqm
- Gyb'Flex line supplied (part#: 7148): Length: 16 m / Diameter: 11 mm
- Weight 0,600 Kg
Download the installation manual (pdf file)
Download the video (4 megs)